17 Jun How does a video security system work
Knowing How does a video security system work is key to being able to implement the best security solution for a project Selecting between the different types of security cameras, using video analysis software, and having a good recording system is essential for video surveillance of an enclosure can be carried out efficiently, raising the degree of protection and security of the business.
Companies must protect their resources, both material and human, so implementing a good video surveillance system is one of the best decisions they can make in this regard. These types of systems are ideal for controlling perimeters and accesses, preventing internal information theft, and deterring criminals and criminals, among others.
What is a video security system
A video surveillance system is made up of a series of security video cameras that monitor different areas and are connected to a system that is capable of storing images and generating alerts in the event of detection of intruders or activity.
Modern video surveillance systems are composed of the following elements.
- Security video cameras that can include functions such as night vision, motion detection, the ability to control their movement remotely…
- Storage system or recorders to manage the cameras and save the images to be viewed later.
- Monitors or screens to view the camera images remotely.
- Video analysis software so that by programming rules, we can analyze the images, generate alarms to be sent to the Alarm Receiving Center.
- Informative sign. To warn of the operation of the video surveillance system (it serves as a deterrent and to comply with the regulations for the protection of personal privacy).
How does a video security system work?
The operation of a video surveillance system is simple at the structural and information flow levels.
Installation of surveillance cameras
The first step should be the installation of various security cameras throughout the areas that want to be watched or monitored in the company. The location and placement of these cameras are key to covering critical areas and covering wide areas of surveillance.
You have to take into account the type of video cameras that will be installed to know how to position them correctly. For example, if a camera with a good zoom level is installed, it can be located in higher or farther areas to cover a larger area, since there is the possibility of zooming in on the image at any time.
It is important to take into account whether the cameras will be connected to the system via network cable, internal television circuit (CCTV) or through a Wi-Fi network, in order to locate them in the correct place for greater signal coverage.
It is also necessary to power the camcorder in order to supply it with the necessary current to operate it.
It is common for video surveillance systems for a company to have a central control from which all elements are managed. At this point the recording and monitoring systems are located, with the necessary devices to manage the recordings and control the cameras remotely.
Video surveillance system management
It is usual and recommended that video surveillance systems use specific video analysis software to program each of the cameras in each of their scenarios through rules to generate alerts and notices to send to the alarm receiving center and to schedule recordings.
Thanks to the Internet and the cloud, today it is very easy to implement a video surveillance system in a company that can be accessed from anywhere. Even using a mobile phone, you can access the system’s cameras from anywhere and at any time, giving greater control of what happens in the company.
The types of camcorders with keys in a video surveillance system
The cameras that are used in a video surveillance system will provide it with greater options when it comes to managing security. Let’s look at some of these key features that can be incorporated into different types of video surveillance cameras:
- Cameras for exterior or interior. Depending on the location of the cameras, it is necessary to bet on one type or another. For example, for outdoor locations, the specific cameras for this environment are built with a suitable IP protection level to resist external agents (dust, rain, wind…).
- Night vision. To be able to monitor or record at night or in low light conditions, installing cameras that incorporate night vision is essential.
- Movement control. This type of camera allows you to move remotely on its axis, which allows you to cover a much wider area of control.
- Microphone and speaker. Surveillance cameras that incorporate a microphone and speaker are ideal for being able to interact remotely. They are very useful in a company to be able to communicate remotely when monitoring a situation and wanting to intervene without being physically present.
- Image zoom. Zooming in and out is a feature that many camcorders incorporate, a very interesting function when it comes to monitoring the operation of a company.
- Camcorders with hidden lens. With video surveillance cameras that hide their lens so that no one can know where they are focusing.
- Fake camcorders. They are video surveillance cameras that only have the external appearance, but they are not really cameras that record or emit images. They are used in surveillance systems as dissuasive elements in strategic points of the company.
After seeing what a video surveillance system is and how it works, you will be able to select the best option to implement it in your business. Security must be one of the priorities today, and the advancement of technology allows the implementation of modern and sophisticated video surveillance systems in order to have a higher level of security and protection.